TERMS & CONDITIONS
In order to participate in the Distance Education program registrants must have a valid email address and individual computer access (home and/or work).
• Registrants must log in individually and view all components within each section of the program, and practicums must be completed, submitted, and approved by a course instructor before the subsequent section can be unlocked and made available to the registrant.
• The practicum instructions must be read to indicate the beginning of the practicum period.
• Course instructors have open access to the activity of each registrant. In other words, the tracking software allows the instructors to view which components were viewed by the registrant, including the length of time spent on each activity.
• The entire program takes a total of 16 weeks to meet all program expectations, including the eight week final practicum. The online component of the course can be completed in a minimum of ten weeks.
• It takes approximately 3.5 to 4 hours to complete each of the four sections. This includes knowledge reviews and section evaluations.
• There is a four week practicum interval between section one and section two and again between section two and three/four. These four week periods provide the opportunity for completion of each practicum. Practicums submitted prior to this period will not be accepted. The instructor will provide written feedback after practicum #1 and #2 submissions. Allow one week for the instructor to respond and to receive online notification that you can proceed to the next section. The final practicum is completed over an eight week time frame and is not submitted to Silver Meridian.
• The entire program must be completed within 6 months of the registration period (Fall Session Oct 1 to March 31, Winter Session – February 1 to July 31).
• Accounts unused for more than 120 days are automatically unenrolled.
Program Withdrawal Policy
• A registrant may request a one month extension, over and above the 6 month period, to meet program expectations. There is no penalty for this process.
• A registrant may withdraw from the program and re-apply to an upcoming series. There is a $50.00 administrative fee to do so.
Under exceptional circumstances a full refund, less a $50.00 administrative fee, will be reimbursed, provided withdrawal notification is received within 30 days of initial registration.
Excelling as a Nurse Leader in Long Term Care ©AdvantAGE2009