A manager’s guide to leading effective teams
As a manager, you have aspirations of excellence for your department and home. The challenge for you as a team leader is to get people to follow. While productive teams and effective teamwork are crucial to achieving success, teamwork does not just happen. Leaders must work at building effective teams.
Whether creating new dynamic teams, or re-energizing existing teams, this one day program provides a framework for supervisors, department managers and administrators to achieve greater team success. Presented in a logical sequence format, managers will learn key team building skills required of a leader, such as:
- What to say and how to say it such that others are inspired to follow
- Building your team around shared values and a vision
- Understanding team development steps, determining where you are at, and how to move the team forward
- Facilitating team meetings with flair and finesse
- Keeping your eye on the “Process” ball
- Celebrating team successes – the “what” and the “how”
You will participate as a team member in this session, exploring concepts and putting them into practice in a safe learning environment. By the end of the day, you should be energized and enthused about returning to recognize, re-organize and revitalize existing and future workplace teams.