The following provides a listing of topics essential for direct care providers, each of which can be presented as full day sessions. Homes also have the option of combining topics for a full day presentation.
Session Content Options:
- Healthy aging – Ageism in our society and normal signs of aging
- Resident-centred versus task-focused approach to care
- Enhancing quality of life for the frail cognitively well resident
- Understanding and caring for the resident with dementia
- Fundamental care practices – Oral hygiene, keeping skin healthy, the value of good grooming
- Advocacy – preventing resident abuse and maintaining a therapeutic resident relationship
- Documentation practices – observation, reporting & writing skills
- Working Together – communication skills & dealing with conflict
Contact Silver Meridian for information on bringing this program to your home.
These topics can also form the basis of a customized training program for Homes wishing to provide a more comprehensive multi-day certificate program for staff